WAMS Spec BCM programming is the result of countless hours of development as well as copious amounts of customer input and feedback . We’ve taken our most commonly requested modifications (and thrown in some new ones as well!) and rolled them all into one convenient, “choose your own adventure” type package; all at a more desirable price point.
So what features/options are available on the WAMS Spec BCM?
- Approach Lighting Customization – These are the lights that come on when you press the key fob unlock or the unlock button on the door on SUV’s. These trucks look fantastic with just the DRL’s and Fog lamps on the front.
- Exit Lighting Customization – Much like approach lighting above these are the lamps that come on when you turn the vehicle off to light your path. The Manual option allows your exit lighting to be triggered by activating the “flash to pass” function not automatically like factory.
- Daytime running lamp settings – This submenu allows you to reconfigure your DRL settings if necessary including US Spec Headlamp controls, remapping the DRL’s to other lamps etc.
- Stealth / Surveillance Mode – Allows for near complete interior and exterior lighting to be disabled at will
- Strobe Lights – Configurable strobing options for front and rear lights all with factory hardware no add on module required!
- Remote Start: Add factory remote start to vehicles that didnt come equipped from the factory.
- Extended Remote Start Run Time – Remote start run time is extended to 20 Minutes per cycle for added heating/cooling time!
- Key Fob In/Out Of Vehicle Timer – Extends the timer(s) that shuts the vehicle off when the vehicle is running in park with the Fob in or out of the vehicle.
- Auto Door Lock Disable – This feature adds a menu in the vehicle configuration to allow you to disable the Auto Door Lock function.
- Fog Lamps Enable – This is for people adding factory wired fog lamps to the vehicle. Depending on vehicle build the indicator in the instrument cluster may have to also be enabled (separate ship in service).
- Fog Lamps allowed with high beams – Pretty self-explanatory your fog lamps no longer disable with the high beams on AND Intellibeam (auto high beams) no longer disables fog lamps.
- Mirror Task Lamp Enable – For those who have retrofit mirrors with task lamps.
- Turn signal Hyperflash Delete – Allows for installation of LED turn signals by deleting Hyperflash and bulb outage detection on those circuits as well.
- Tap to Pass Turn Signal Count – Increases the amount of “flashes” or activations of the turn signal when you tap the stalk for a lane change
- Key in ignition Chime Timer – Keeps that annoying “GONG” sound from going on forever when you have the key in the ignition / fob in the vehicle with the door open.
- Heated/Cooled Seat Enable – Enables support for heated and cooled seats for those adding factory correct wired units in. (Support Pending for adding Heated REAR Seats)
- Selectable Heated/Cooled Seats – Allows you to choose to heat or cool both seats during a remote start event.
- Windows UP From Key Fob – Holding Lock will raise the front express up equipped windows
- Windows Down Mode – Allows for a “Vent” mode for the windows down from fob rather than completely down.
- TPMS Disable / Enable – Allows for TPMS to be removed from your vehicle OR added (which will require custom cluster programming to display tire pressures) WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM REMOVAL OF THE TPMS SYSTEM.
- Anti-Lockout Disable – This allows the door locks to function with the keys in the ignition. Be careful if you choose this option!
- Speed Limiter Removal – This will remove the factory speed limiter from your vehicle.
For this particular service due to processing time and the obvious downtime associated with shipping these in we have shifted all of our resources to delivery from a ship in service to the our Flash Tool. The fee includes the purchase of the Flash Tool so that you can keep it and upgrade and change your BCM at your leisure and add new features as we release them.
The Flash Tool will not arrive ready to immediately program your vehicle however it will have instructions on how to create an account and register the unit HERE. After registration of unit you’ll need to connect the Flash Tool to your vehicle for about a minute to read all of the vehicle information and then connect to WiFi as outlined in the Instructions (using the “off board” update procedure) and the unit will push your vehicles information to the server. You should now see your vehicles information on the site linked above. Once this is completed please send us an email using the “Contact Us” tab letting us know you are ready to be setup and include your original order number and the email address you registered the account on the BTD website as well. From here you can check your license status on the above website under your login and vehicle. Once your license is added to your account and it says “Licensed – Ready” you may build your BCM options as you see fit. Next run the off board update procedure again to pull all of your changes down to the unit. After the update is completed (solid blue light turns to a very slow flashing red light) you can then flip dip switch #2 and #6 to the “on” position; these switches will stay in this position from now on. With the vehicle ignition on (engine off) wait about 30 seconds and plug the unit into your vehicle and then wait an additional 15 seconds for the unit to acclimate. After 15 seconds have elapsed press and release the “B” button and watch for the light to begin flashing in a few seconds. After the programming is completed the unit will rapidly flash blue and you can remove the unit from your vehicle.